Hi, my name is Alison and you should hire me. You can see my resume here and my corporate website here, and below, are 10 other reasons which are not on my resume on why I would be a great addition to your team.
1. I had my first "T4 providing" job going into grade 9. My father came home one night in the summer of 1993 congratulating me on my new job as a canteen attendant at the Quinte Sports Centre. I was the first of my friends with a job, and funny enough once my friends found out I was working, one by one they too were getting jobs. In other words, I'm a trend setter for teens.
2. I have never been fired from a job. Ok, that one babysitting job in grade 9 where I did have friends over when I was told not to did result in the "we no longer need you" talk, but other than that, each new job I accepted were fabulous opportunities I jumped on.
3. I once had a serious debate on an elevator ride with my peers about wishing I was a unicorn with an invisible horn. My peers fought a great case as to why being an unicorn with an invisible horn was the same as a horse, but I still believe they are not the same.
4. While visiting a friend in Newfoundland, I started a breakdance competition at one of the popular bars on George Street. Sadly when I tried to get one started in a Toronto Bar it was shut down when I asked the bar staff for cardboard boxes. Basically, I think random dance parties are fabulous and spice up everyone's day.
5. At the age 13 I was a competitor on home grown cafe. We made it through to the 2nd round, but lost out to a sister piano act. Blerg. I also sang "Blitzkrieg Bop" when asked last minute to join my sales team "garage band" at a client's Halloween party. Not when I was 13, I think I was 28 at that time.
6. I own a full piece unicorn onsie that I have worn every Halloween for the past 5 years. Greatest costume ever. I will gladly loan it to coworkers who appreciate a fabulously warm onsie.
7. One of my most favourite jobs was working as a dog walker. I actually left my cushy corporate job in pursuit of "something else". My boss was the greatest, most genuine person I have ever worked for who continues to amaze me with life achievements. It's also because of that job that we brought Seamus the GSP into our world and I became a board member of Pointing Dog Canada Rescue.
8. One of my best friends was the youngest regular on Sharon, Lois and Bram. See? I know famous people. She's actually quite awesome herself.
9. I used to honestly enjoy a nice cold Labatt 50. True story.
10. I used to make my friends homemade cards. My friend reminds me every few years about the time I made her a birthday card which exploded confetti when she opened it. She was horrified, I loved it.
So there you have it, 10 reasons aside from my professional skills, why you, yes YOU, should hire me. While I live in Prince Edward County, I am available for telecommuting positions. You can trust me to meet or exceed all my deadlines as I have done for past positions. The moral of this post? I'm an awesome, hard-working person you will not regret bringing on board. I promise.
Writing Between the Fighting
3 days ago